Our dental practice has been seeing and caring for patients in the area for over fifteen years.
We know as well as anyone that your smile is one of the most noticeable and memorable features of your face. That is why the whole dental team at the practice works hard to provide all our patients with the very best dental healthcare.
So, if you are seeking treatment or advice, or looking to register with our dental practice, do please contact us.The practice is designed to create a pleasant and relaxing environment. We aim to forge a long term partnership with our patients – for a lifetime of care of their dental needs. All the dental team undertake continuous training to maintain and improve our standards of up-to-the minute care and service.
Patient Safety Charter
Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyones’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where staff can discuss the challenges that face them at work for the best interests of our patients.
- The practice uses guidance from the HTM 01-05 for the control and prevention of cross infection. To achieve this we follow the latest infection prevention guidelines from the Dept. of Health .
- All dental instruments are either single use or sterilized after use
- Work areas, the dental chair and handles are decontaminated in between patients.
- All staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
- Staff who may have a blood borne infection have an occupational health examination and take expert advice on their role in treating patients
- Practice water is monitored for quality and dental unit waterlines are maintained
- Waste is handled according to current regulations and disposed of with appropriate carriers
We run a clinical governance system which uses integrated risk management to identify, assess, analyse and manage of all risks and incidents. The goal is continuous improvement in our care and service to you.
Mrs Jenny Kogel has overall responsibility at the practice. She is supported by Mrs Emma Baker the registered manager. The team is supported through regular meetings, staff training, personal deveolopment and regular appraisals. Our practice always welcomes questions, comments and suggestions from patients.
Please contact Emma Baker if you have any questions or comments.
In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to patients concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
All staff are aware of how to deal with a complaint.Emma Baker is responsable for dealing with such issues and a complaints policy is available from reception.
Our Treatment Policy
Our practice treats NHS and private patients.
Our practice adheres to the standards for patient confidentiality as set out by the governing body for Dentistry the General Dental Council. You can see details of this by downloading their guide "Principles of Patient Confidentiality".
Our practice fully complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. It is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. Our registration number is ZA091760. Our practice data controller is Mrs Emma Baker. To download the ICO guide to data protection please click here.
Care Quality Commission
Our practice is registered with the Care Quality Commission(CQC). Our registration number is Pending.